Program Coordinator - Central Oregon
The Program Coordinator is a key member of the program team and will oversee the continued growth and development of services for our Central Oregon community. The position is based in BEND, OR and will provide education and services to those living with Parkinson’s locally and throughout the region. Additionally, this position will work with volunteers and community organizations to restore support groups that paused during the pandemic. Activities may include identifying, recruiting and training new facilitators.
This position works closely with other staff members to ensure smooth implementation of all agency activities and should expect other projects, collaboration, and shifting priorities as we seek to support each other and fulfill our mission. We are a growing organization, so let us know if you have skills or experience that you are passionate about putting to use in addition to the duties and responsibilities described.
The Program Coordinator will represent PRO and our values when interacting with clients, community partners, medical professionals, and volunteers. A genuine interest in PRO’s mission will manifest through professional and compassionate responses to the special needs of people living with Parkinson’s disease.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Program Coordination & Evaluation
- Coordinate support group resources including recruiting, screening, training, and supervising roughly 8 volunteer facilitators for monthly virtual and in-person groups
- Communicate monthly group reminders, as well as PRO program updates
- Travel and visit/present at support groups throughout service areas annually
- Plan and implement virtual and in-person, new/existing, education and wellness programs
- Collaborate on other program and event support
- Expand outreach through networking, organized events, and promoting programs and services throughout the Central and Eastern Oregon region
Direct Client Work
- One-on-one volunteer facilitator support, problem-solving
- Co-facilitate monthly staff-led support groups as assigned
- Helpline assistance to clients who contact our office seeking disease specific information, community referrals and confidential social support
- Continue outreach and community networking through existing channels, organizing activities and promoting programs and services throughout the region
Data Collection & Admin
- Track attendance and program participation
- Uphold all policies & procedures
- Maintain program equipment and supplies
- Complete data entry for new clients and clients to be removed from contact lists
- Maintain facilitator agreement paperwork and confidentiality agreements
Ready to Apply?
We look forward to hearing from you!
For full consideration, please submit your resume AND a cover letter by email. In your cover letter, please tell us a little about yourself – including why you are interested in the role. Please also detail any experience managing volunteers, initiating a new program, and your experience working as part of a team. Send email to: email@example.com
Ready to Apply?
We Look Forward to Hearing From You!
For full consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by email. In your cover letter, please tell us a little about yourself, why you think this position is right for you and highlight relevant experience and successes. Send email to: Info@parkinsonsresources.org